Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Well, bless me!

I got called "pushy" this week. I think of it as a kind of compliment in a way, because for so many years I'd not speak up.. or push, or ask what the hell was going on.. I'd just put up with another's unclear, rather muddy boundaries and hope things would improve.

They rarely ever did.

I looked up "pushy" in the dictionary and it says, 'excessively or unpleasantly self-assertive or ambitious.'

Hmm, I wasn't any of that. Maybe one person's persistent is another's pushy, depending on the circumstances? Or maybe people like assertiveness in themselves, but not in others?

But at least I know where I stand now.














2 comments:

  1. Self-assertive & ambitious - very good! (Yep, I cherry-picked.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry-picking! What a great expression. I had to look it up Jean because I hadn't heard it before. I love it when mind-expanding things like that happen :-)

    ReplyDelete

comment away - but only if it's constructive..